Sunday, October 19, 2014

Oct 13 Letter

My new Companion is Elder Stubbs; he's a super awesome missionary and he's from Tooele. They lived right next to Middle Canyon Elem. He is an interesting dude but he and I will get a lot of work done together and have a lot of fun doing it. He's zone leader so we get to keep the nice room, fortunately. Things in our house definitely changed, but I really like the dynamic of our house now. It's really fun and at the same time more spiritual, I think.
This week I had to stay in the house all day because my companion was sick. That was an interesting experience. I can't even believe how much cleaning I got done. Our house is actually super clean. We all work together to keep things clean and are just a really good district in my opinion. 
Our families are still coming along really nice and we've done a lot of work with finding new families. I think in the next week or so, we'll have a lot of new families that I can talk about. We're teaching a family that the wife is from Zimbábwe and doesn't speak Portugues and the husband doesn't speak English so we have to teach in both at the same time. It is an interesting experience for sure. They communicate through speaking dialect. 
We visit several members often. One guy speaks English and I really like him. His name is Elias and he is a super cool guy. We have some other really nice member families in our area that will be really fun to continue working with. I'm still in my area so they are the same families that I have already known for the past 6 weeks but I feel like my relationship with them has really increased recently.
Portuguese is coming along nicely; there is no way that dad could be better than me at Portuguese now haha. You better get working so that when I get home you can communicate with me.

I was able to hear conference in English this past week which was really nice. When we go and do the Portuguese one it will kind of suck though because I've already heard it in English so there won't be much point in straining myself and attempting to understand the Brazilian accent and difficult vocabulary of the talks. I still will though just for a good language training. 
BTW I still haven't gotten the package yet but it should be here very soon. Apparently it takes 1 month to 1 month and a half. I can't wait for it to get here, though! 

No comments:

Post a Comment