Tuesday, February 23, 2016

February 22 letters

To Mom:

The work is going well. Transfers were actually today and I now have a new companion his name is Elder Goes. He is from Brazil as well and is fresh out of the MTC. He speaks absolutely no English so I will need to teach him. It's going to be a transfer of doing all of the talking in the lessons and all the work etc. Elder Barros was transferred just to the next branch here in Swaziland making this 3 different areas in Swaziland in the last 4 transfers. I hope that I leave after the end of this transfer. My whole mission I've basically been transferred where and when I want which is super lucky so I wouldn't be surprised if I left Swaziland this transfer to finish off the last two in Mozambique. 


I'm assuming that I will get the flight information of me coming home towards the end of this transfer so at the end of March. They will call me first and ask what airport I will be going to and stuff as well. I will be coming home with a bunch of other missionaries and they will buy the tickets together so I don't think I have much of a choice as to the layovers and such. I'm almost positive I will be coming home on the 21st of June to arrive on the 22nd but I'm not 100 percent sure. If you want to know I'm sure you can email President Koch and ask. Elder Woolley's parents did the same thing and he said the 21st which is why I'm pretty sure it is but it was kind of a roundabout way of getting that info, through the grapevine kind of thing, so you can ask just to confirm if you want. 

This week was kindof rough with tons of lessons falling through but it's ok. This coming week and transfer are going to be awesome. I'm sure Elder Goes and I will have good success. Elder Donker left my house which is a bummer just because he was a good friend of mine.

To Dad:

With our mission we have a big number goal system that President Koch just instituted but the numbers are all off quite a bit. It will take a bit of adjusting but I'm sure it will turn out pretty good. Here in Swazi we've been getting fairly low numbers. Usually we only get 15-20 lessons per week. In most of my past areas we averaged around 30 lessons per week. On a good week 20 to 25 lessons in Swazi 30-35 in Moz. With contacting we used to have the goal of 35 qualified contacts per week (a male that believes in Jesus Christ, has a wife and a phone) but now each area has a specific goal for it. In my area the goal is 24. 

Here in Swazi the climate is a little colder than Mozambique but  it's a lot like Chimoio. Colder and Dryer than the rest of Mozambique. 

No comments:

Post a Comment