Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Nov 17 letters

To Dad:
First off let me just say that yesterday we didn't have any internet in the city so I wasn't able to do my emailing yesterday so we came this morning to do it. 

I would have to say that the sketchy neighborhood in Philly would definitely be the rich area of the city here. All of the downtown areas in all the cities look like a crappy version of that downtown in Philly and they are the richest parts of the city for sure. 


This week was another great week for the continuation of the strengthening of the organization of the branch. We were able to start up a few new meetings and I gave a training to the home teaching leaders on how the organization needs to work and the basics of home teaching. It looks like we are going to get a really good home teaching system in. At this point I just need to look to training up the women to take care of visiting teaching as well. It's a lot of work to make lots of prezi presentations and set up the computer and projector in the chapel and find scriptures and do everything but it's all worth it because the attendance is rising and the organization is making leaps and bounds. When I leave I hope to be able to leave a terrifically functioning branch in my wake. Right now it's looking like that will be the case. 

To Mom:
We watched general conference with the branch this week on Saturday and Sunday. It was pretty good. We had a ton of meetings and other things that were really good. I explained a little bit more about those to Dad already. 

Our main families are progressing really well. We had two main families that are Bernardo and Eguiness and Mabanje and Maria. They are neighbors and were referrals from another family in the branch. They are progressing really well and should get married here in the next few weeks, depending on how the documents work out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment