Wednesday, March 30, 2016

March 30 letters

To Mom:

So this past week was really good. We worked really hard and had a lot of success. There are several families that are progressing incredibly. One family came to church which was really exciting. The wife didn't come but the dad did and the 4 kids so that was really nice. The wife was at her parental home taking care of a family crisis. I believe, however, that next week she will be at church. We also visited several new families that are really progressing well. We taught one family that is the richest I've ever taught. We actually have sat with him twice now, I don't think he'll progress but it was kindof fun to sit with him. Another family that we sat with are really cool and pretty rich as well and they are progressing super well. We visited them twice and taught the restoration which they took really well and then on my last day which was monday, we went to their house so that I could say good by and they were crying saying that I had inspired them to visit the church and even be members of the church so they really are progressing fabulously. He had a stroke about 3 months ago and while he was in the hospital, he felt like God was telling him to come closer to Christ and especially to pay his tithing so I think that will work out great into his acceptance of the gospel. He also said that our coming was kindof like a sign to him of what he had felt in the hospital. It was quite the week with them. One time when we were teaching them my companion, Elder Goes, fell asleep during the lesson, haha. He doesn't understand English so he always gets sleepy because he isn't understanding and can't talk or anything. All of the sudden, (I was teaching at the time) we just heard him snore and we all looked over and he was sleeping in his chair. It was really funny. 


My official guess for Adam's mission is the Portugal Porto mission. I can say that that is the mission really that I want him to go to as opposed to where I think he's going but isn't that what we all do with our guesses anyways. Or I could just go with the Grandad guessing scheme and just guess an entire continent so I choose Europe. Just kidding, I want him to speak Portuguese with me and since the people who speak the best Portuguese in the world are from Portugal I want him to go there. 

To Dad:

So this week I was transferred to Beira again which was my dream to end my mission there. Not only was I transferred back to Beira but back to my old area in Maraza A!!!!!! I will be returning to the promised land. It will be the greatest transfer ever. I am seriously way excited. I will be with a Brazilian companion named Elder Carvalho so three straight Brazilians. I am seriously way excited. My flight to Beira leaves today at 12:30 I think so it's pretty crazy. I'm also going to see many of my friends on the mission that are all there in Beira serving right now so it's kindof like a dream come true. Several of the members from Chimoio also said that they would come to Beira to visit me and that they are so excited for me to go to a place where they can see me one more time. I'll be in the same zone with Elder McAllister so maybe I'll get to do some divisions with him but we'll see. President told me of where I was going and everything last week at zone conference in an interview and I was seriously way excited. It's been a long time since I've emailed though haha. We also didn't have pday on monday because it was a holiday in Swazi so we all went out and worked. 

It was really sad leaving my last area because it was really starting to pick up with families that we were teaching and other investigators but it is all worth it in where I am going now. 

Zone conference was really nice as well. I got to see Elder Hruby, a good friend of mine who is also one of the APs because he came down to Swazi to give a training in zone conference. The training were all about faith and really very good. I enjoyed the day for sure. I had to translate of course for Elder Goes and my other companion Elder Silva. I don't know if I already told you this I was walking with another Brazilian for the past two weeks who had to go to Swazi to wait for a visa issue. It was pretty comical to be walking with two companions that have absolutely no knowledge of English and teaching lessons by myself. 

Seriously I have been going all out with working lately and am really excited to go to Beira to continue the hard work there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment