Wednesday, March 23, 2016

March 21 letters

To Mom:

So this week was a good week. We found a few more really nice families and now we currently have a bunch of really nice families to really work with and try to help progress. I'm really excited for the progress and the area has a lot of potential right now. Unfortunately, no one came to church but I'm confident that in the next week or two we will see some real progress by one of the families that we are currently working with and bring someone to church. 

Also this week, I got pretty sick on wednesday and Thursday we had to stay in. Ever since I've been a little shaky with my health but by now I'm close to normal so this next week should go along normally. I'm excited to really dig into the work with no health problems to hold me back. 


That's exciting about Adam getting so close to getting his call and turning in his papers. I'm sure we'll all start guessing the place that he'll go and such. I'll send my guess next week when the call has been sent. It's crazy to think that Adam, my younger brother is about to go on a mission. I still haven't gotten past this stage in my life. 2 years is a long time. It's good because it gives you a long time to serve the lord, get your priorities straight and basically just learn and grow. 

To Dad:

I'll tell one interesting story that happened this week. So we contacted a family last week and just the wife was there. We talked to her for a bit and she said her husband wasn't there but would be home in the next saturday(the day before yesterday) because he was in California (which was pretty crazy). So we went Saturday and he wasn't there yet and then we went yesterday and he was there but it turns out he is a straight up American white dude. He came out of the house and just said "you got nothin here we have our own beliefs so get outta here" It was so blunt and honest that it was just hilarious. Here in Swazi and Mozambique, you will never here a person say that they aren't interested or go away. They will always just make up some excuse of time or work or something. It was kindof refreshing to hear someone just say no haha. I imagine that that is what you probably went through a lot in your mission all the time but for me it was so alien. We just said thank you and walked away.

I love you and can't wait to see you and the rest of the family. To be honest, when I went on the mission it hurt more to leave my friends but you were right when you said my priorities would straighten on the mission and I realized that the thing I miss the most is you guys. I love you and have a great week. 



No comments:

Post a Comment