Monday, June 13, 2016

June 13 letter to Mom

So part of the reason I didn't write much last week was because I was a little depressed that one of my favorite families ever (Castro and Ana) wasn't doing to get married because of problems with an expensive dowry. The family would have just done it secretly but the problem was that Ana's dad had registered her at a younger age than how old she is so she is 17 on the register and so the mom had to sign in order for them to get married and so all hope seemed to be lost. However, this week a miracle presented itself and I don't know why but I thought of a random hospital paper that I've occasionally seen but it's fairly rare for them to have it, usually they lose it. Anyway, they actually had the paper and we asked the register to do us a huge favor and let them open the process with this paper and I don't know why but they allowed it. Then the paper on the front had also been changed by the dad and it all came down to the dates on the back that had her vaccination dates which proved her age and they opened the process. So they will get married on friday and baptized on Saturday. It was an amazing moment for me and I'll probably talk all about it next week. This week has been amazing. We found tons of way good families and just went way hard with the work. It really worked out great. Definitely one of the most gratifying weeks of my mission. This will be my last week. We will be super busy in between all the normal visits that we have to do as well as a bunch of parties and other little things that we have to do. It will be super awesome. 


We'll talk for endless hours here in a week so I won't write too much but just know that I love all of you and have gained a powerful testimony of the Savior and his Church here on the mission. I love this work, I love this church and will never doubt what I know because I've felt the power of the Atonement working in me and working in others. Love you and can't wait to see you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment