Monday, December 7, 2015

December 7 letters

To Mom:

In respect to all the questions you asked I'll try to answer them the best I can.

President Koch trained the branch but he also had a private 45 minute or so lesson with Elder Brown and me about the growth of Chimoio and our view on the branch and the work here as well as our area. He told us a few cool things about the area that he will send another companionship here after we start regularly hitting 200 people in sacrament meeting. At this point he will also file a request to make Chimoio the next district in Mozambique. To get to that point, however, we really have to work pretty hard seeing as we are at 130 to 140 ish on average.
We had a presidency meeting with the branch president, his counselors and Elder Brown and me along with President Koch and his 1st counselor. We talked about some branch business and our questions and stuff. It was a really good meeting. The audit is something that happens in every unit in the church semiannually usually. It is just a review of the expenditures of the branch to make sure all the finances are in order and that nobody is robbing money and stuff.
President told me that I was staying the day before transfers but I really don't know why. It was good though. He just told us during our meeting. Also, the branch presidency and I were planning on making an official request from all of us for me to stay so they asked afterwards and he told them that I was already staying so that was good.
Elder Brown is really awesome and definitely one of my favorite companions. I really have had 6 straight transfers of companions that I've just loved. A great experience here in Chimoio. Never a bad vibe just good companions and good missionary work success. It's been the best period of my mission for sure. Elder Brown is probably the companion most similar to me of all of my companions that I've ever had. He even loved and played a ton of Clash of Clans. We get along great and are always laughing. We actually play some seriously intense uno games. With our own little twists to make it all based on skill. It's a pretty good time. Yesterday I won a game and it was way intense. When I won he just threw his cards on the ground as I was just celebrating. Yes, he works hard.
This week was actually fairly uneventful. We found a few new promising families and worked really hard but we'll have to see how it all turns out. 

To Dad:

I know exactly where you are coming from with the things to write. I've been doing the same thing over and over again for a long time. It is always pretty hard to think of noteworthy events to write to you guys about that I haven't already written about 10 times. I wouldn't be surprised if my emails weren't just really boring to read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment