Thursday, July 31, 2014

First Letter Home

From Elder Heald on July 15th 2014

The MTC is a crazy experience. Every thing that I do is part of one big spiritual experience. I've studied for endless hours and Portuguese is coming along nicely. I can bear my testimony, say a prayer, talk a little, etc in the language. We've walked to the temple and had a little free time but other than that it's a lot of work all the time. My companion is actually pretty cool, his name is Elder Woolley. He helps me become better but at the same time we have some fun. 

The food is kind of getting on my nerves but its ok I guess. for the most part it's already starting to just taste the same.

I'm the branch music director which is annoying so I have to get all the musical numbers, hymns, piano players and whatever else is involved with the music. So it's pretty much for the most part a crazy experience. 

I'm basically way tired all the time so that's another annoyance. I do enjoy what I'm doing though so it's all worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment